The Bowers

The Bowers

Friday, January 13, 2012

I guess it's been a little while since I've updated the blog. A lot has happened! I think last post we were waiting to see how Bradley did on his national EMT exam. Well we found out that he passed! He practically aced the thing. The test is fashioned so that as you get questions right, they following ones get harder. The least amount of questions you could answer with passing the exam was something like 70. Bradley's test shut off at 70 or 72 I can't remember. He did awesome! I'm so proud of him working so hard and studying to pass this important test.

For now, our plan is to keep working towards Firefighting. Bradley has some certifications to get through so he can get more points in interviews next time he gets to one. Bradley also just had a meeting with District 8 out on the palouse highway. He will be something cool (I forget the name of the position, darn it) where he will do things like take vital signs of firemen after they come out of a fire to see if they are in good enough condition to go back in and fight the fire some more. So he will wear a pager, I'm assuming, and go on calls when they need him. It's nice, considering it only takes 15 minutes to get out to the station. He is also doing volunteer work at the Medical Lake Fire Department but that takes anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes to get out there so it's impossible for him to make any calls in time, except for big fires and that hasn't happened the whole time he has been on there.

So basically we've got lots of new things going on. Lots of work to do, and plenty of studying to come ahead!

We had some exciting things happen last week. Two new additions to the grand kids. Glen and Marcie had their little girl at just 29 weeks January 6th. She was born at 3.3 lbs. Her name is Siouxmani Wakan Osborn (her mom comes from the sioux tribe and her name means Sioux-walking-holy-osborn) She is beautiful and so tiny. Doctors say she is doing fine and will hopefully be out of the NICU in a couple of months. Marcie is also doing great. She had to have a C-section.



Joe and Melissa also had their little baby boy! Perrin James Osborn born Sunday morning January 8th at 7lbs 13oz and healthy. He looks a lot like their youngest girl, Rachel. Joe is probably excited to have son after all the girls!



We were lucky enough to visit both babies and families both on Sunday evening.
Last month we also met our new niece Lucille Skye Bowers born December 5th at 9lbs 4oz, I believe. She's a chunk!


I don't think Bradley and I have any competition as to how many nieces and nephews we have. We have to hold the record, I'm sure. Lucy, Siouxmani, and Perrin bring our grand total to 27! The last two months have been eventful to say the least! I didn't even mention Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years! All were really nice. We spent lots of time with family making goodies and having a good time. I'm grateful for the opportunity we have to live so close to so much family!

No comments:

Post a Comment