I finally charged my camera battery so I could look at my pictures and see what I have worthy of posting. I found some pictures of us harvesting our pumpkins this year. We went out one day to the garden to see if they were still alive and when we looked under them, we found the slugs were in full throttle going to town on some of the underbellies of the pumpkins. How disgusting! I hate slugs...what are they good for anyways?? So we decided to pull all the pumpkins from the garden since it was only going to get soggier. We grew giant pumpkins and some sweet pumpkins. Funny story actually about that. To plant this years crop we used seeds that we saved from our giant and sweet pumpkins two years ago. They started to flower and make baby pumpkins but some of them looked....ridiculous. They had weird warts on them...one looked like a giant zucchini/squash. My theory is that they got crossed pollinated two years ago. Anyways, we ended up with some awesome pumpkins with crazy cool character. They were perfect to decorate with!

So we ended up with 8ish giant pumpkins that were worthy of keeping (not sluggafied) and probably 20 sweet pumpkins! Not too bad. I'm always amazed that a tiny seed can produce something that weighs so much! And only with a little water and TLC.
Here are Bradley and Oakley taking one of many trips to the house with a cart load of pumpkins

No comments:
Post a Comment