Melissa's baby shower thrown by MJ (Melissa Joy). It was a lot of fun! Here everyone is playing the game where you have to draw a baby on a plate while it's on your head and then Melissa (the pregnant one)chose a winner.
We stayed up until 2:30am playing games one night. Bradley bought me a new game while I was at the baby shower. It's called San Juan and it's a card game. This one that we are playing is called Dominion I think and is also a really fun game.
We somehow ended up with two packages of store brand oreos that were kind gross from the Elder's Quorum party. So we decided to jazz them up and make them into oreo cheesecake truffles. Oooo baby they were delicious! Bradley dipped these and made them all fancy looking.
We also made some chocolate covered cherries. Ya know, the kind with the melty middle? Yeah they are super easy to make. I found the recipe off of Allrecipes.com. Basically you just make fondant (butter, powdered sugar, and corn syrup mixed until you can knead it), wrap a teaspoon of the fondant around the maraschino cherry, refrigerate, and then dip in chocolate! After a few days they get all gooey and delicious because the juices from the cherries leech out into the fondant and melts it! Next I'll be trying to make homemade peppermint patties (got the idea from pinterest) or maybe snickers. Mmm, we'll just have to find people to give them away to so we don't get chunky!
No comments:
Post a Comment